Well, I've been doing a lot of reading recently, and haven't written about any of it. I don't really think I'm going to spend the time writing any full reviews, but here are the books I've read recently that were worth reading.
The post-American world, by Fareed Zakaria. I like his writing, and his ideas.
America and the world : conversations on the future of American foreign policy, by Zbigniew Brzezinski and Brent Scowcroft. Some parts were excellent, and some parts were not as interesting to me, but overall two people worth hearing.
Orson Scott Card's InterGalactic Medicine Show. (Short Story Collection) The stories ranged from good to incredible, and there were new stories from the Ender's game universe. Particularly good were stories by Eric James Stone, Tim Pratt and James Maxey. Of course, I love everything by Orson Scott Card, but of the offerings, there were stories better than those of his included, though none, I believe, that came to the level of his best work.
What I Write About, When I Write About Running, by Haruki Murakami. Very good memior, well written. I like a lot of the stories of his I have read, but I think this is now my favorite. I hate running, but I could almost consider starting after reading the book.
My Tumblr Posts - All my newer stuff.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
My Recent Reading
Posted by David Manheim at 6:24 PM
Labels: book review, politics, science fiction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment