Maybe, but I wouldn't mind some attribution. First I get excerpted on CATO Unbound, and linked to as well, then I found this on the Technorati link page for the CATO Unbound, looking to see if my blog was up there. (I'm still wondering how CATO Unbound found my site, and if they had some poor intern read through all of the stuff that got linked to their article, though I did finally find the link on Technorati.) Now - the joke isn't a new one, and I'm surprised to find that anyone thinks it's still a good one, but more than either, I'm kind of wondering why someone would cut and paste what is admittedly a quote, without giving attribution.
Some might think that in fact, they weren't quoting me. I think it's an unreasonable assumption, simply because the exact text was quoted, and I wrote it from memory, picking the numbers off the top of my head, and idiosyncratically (or as myt english teacher would say, inconsistant -10 points,) used a number for "5,000", but spelled "ten thousand" out. Oh well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and if the blog was in English, maybe I'd really care. For now, I guess it's just cool that I'm getting ripped off. (I reserve the right to sue if the guy turns out to have money.)
My Tumblr Posts - All my newer stuff.
Sunday, January 22, 2006
I'm Famous?
Posted by David Manheim at 1:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment