My Tumblr Posts - All my newer stuff.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Getting Things Done: A Start.

I saw an article in the Atlantic Monthly about 6 months ago, about a new mini-cult that formed around "," ("Getting Things Done") and described the fact that it's an organizational system, and it supposedly works. Being massively ", I decided I would try it, maybe, if I remember.

In any case, I was online at school and was checking out TheAtlantic.com, and remembered the article. I re-read it, and found what I was looking for; The name. I did a google search for David Allen, and came up with his site, and read a bit suggesting how to organize things on one's . I have one, (Handspring Deluxe. I recommend it.) and re-did a couple things, but without any next-action list, it kind of stopped there. My Palm didn't really work, and finished breaking a bit later, (throwing toys is a BAD idea) so the whole organizational thing got kind of lost.

About a month ago, I fixed my palm, and decided to redo things a bit, and try this whole GTD deal. So, here I am, a GTD novice. (Without the actual book, of course, which I need to get from a library somehow.) I guess I'll start closing open loops now.

0 comments: